The following is an episode of With a Terrible Fate’s weekly podcast discussing video-game storytelling from all angles. Find all episodes here.
Welcome to the inaugural episode of With a Terrible Fate’s podcast exploring the storytelling of video games from every angle. We press start on this very first episode, introducing ourselves, the publication, and the concept of the podcast.
Further, we ponder the review discourse surrounding Returnal, the personal and cultural significance of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 as a work of literature, and the implications of an economic shift towards “games as a service.”
- Main Story
- 00:03:42 Meet Aaron Suduiko
- 00:17:17 Meet Dan Hughes
- 00:26:13 Meet Stefan H. Simond
- 00:40:54 Meet With a Terrible Fate
- 00:46:52 What to expect from this podcast
- Side Quests
- 00:50:00 “I’m struggling with Returnal, and I play Dark Souls to relax” (Gene Park)
- 00:59:40 A tribute to NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139
- 01:07:34 “The Industry of Landlords: Exploring the Assetization of the Triple-A Game” (Alexander Bernevega, Alex Gekker)
- Podcast navigation: | Episode 2: Origin Stories >